History of the plant
“From a small joint venture to the largest metallurgical complex”
We all live and work in buildings constructed with the use of rolled metal.
Rolled metal products have become an integral part of modern structures, multi-storey buildings, detached houses and cottages.
Each stage of construction involves a certain type of rolled metal, such as reinforcing steel, pipes, shaped pipes of square or rectangular section, mesh work, wire and, of course, fixing hardware.
Rolled metal is the strongest, safest, most durable and reliable material used on construction sites. It is next to impossible to replace it!
In the 1990s, it took a long time to deliver imported pipe products, and beside that customs clearance involved additional costs and took a long period, which were the major obstacles to the use of rolled metal products.
A good house is a solid house. You will achieve this if you use high-quality building materials.
This became the starting point for the creation of a metal rolling mill to manufacture steel products that would comply with international standards and meet the production needs of developing fuel & energy complex and construction industry, public utilities, small and medium-sized businesses in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Thus, in 1996-1997, at the initiative of the head of the Production and Processing Equipment Agency of the Irmontazhstroy trust Vladimir Leonidovich Galperin, Almetyevsk Pipe Plant JSC (Russian Federation) was included in the founding members of JV Irmontazhkomplekt with a share of 23.9%, and the Charter of the joint venture was re-registered with the Ministry of Justice on May 15, 1997 under No.08-1120. V.L. Galperin was elected the Chairman of the Board of Founders.
1998 – The Board of Founders made a decision to organize the manufacture of steel electric-welded pipes, and Almetyevsk Pipe Plant JSC, having significantly increased its share in the Authorized Fund, delivered a pipe-rolling mill to the joint venture.
1999 – Commissioning of the first pipe-welding mill for the manufacture of longitudinal, steel electric-welded (using high frequency welding) pipes with a capacity of 15 thousand tons/year.
2000 – Almetyevsk Pipe Plant JSC sold part of its share in the Authorized Fund of the joint venture to the Capital Ind. Supply, Inc. corporation (USA), which additionally increased its share by supplying another pipe-rolling mill and circular machinery. By the decision of the Board of Founders, JV Irmontazhkomplekt was renamed into JV Tashkent Pipe Plant. The Charter was re-registered with the Ministry of Justice on October 3, 2000 under No.08-1447.
The plant attracted numerous customers and clients who were previously discouraged by a long period of the delivery of imported pipe products, additional costs and a long stretch of time spent for customs clearance.
The joint venture started providing additional delivery services, including orders for railroad transportation. Being attentive to the needs of consumers, JV Tashkent Pipe Plant began to develop intensively.
Simultaneously with the diversification of production, there was a change in the founding members of the joint venture and the number of countries represented by them:
2007 – a new participant – OJSC Onest-D (Russia), thanks to which the Authorized Fund of the enterprise increased due to the delivery of another new pipe-rolling mill, was included in the founding members.
2009 – Xinjiang Jinboer Ind. & Trade Co, LTD (China) bought out the share of the authorized capital owned by Almetyevsk Pipe Plant JSC. The founders decided to use the dividends payable for increasing the Authorized Fund, and the Charter of JV Tashkent Pipe Plant, which included as many as four parties: Uzbek, Russian, American and Chinese ones, was registered by the Ministry of Justice on December 23, 2009 under No.8-1324/4.
To the deep regret of all employees and founders of the plant, on October 5, 2016, the permanent Chairman of the Board of Founders of Joint Venture Tashkent Pipe Plant Vladimir Leonidovich Galperin passed away. At his initiative and thanks to his efforts, the interests and capitals of the founders were consolidated, and as a result, JV Irmontazhkomplekt, being a small enterprise manufacturing automobile tires, PVC pipes, etc., turned into a large metallurgical complex. At the suggestion of employees and founders of the company, his name was immortalized in the memorial plate installed in the plant’s office and added to its name.
Based on the Minutes of the General Meeting of Founders dated April 6, 2017, the changes in the Charter and the new name: JV LLC Tashkent Pipe Plant named after V. L. Galperin were registered with the Single Window Center.
Our team has been following the mission and values laid down by Vladimir Leonidovich Galperin.
Our mission is to create the maximum benefits of manufactured products.
Timely manufacture and shipment of metal products to construction industry enterprises, public utilities, small and medium-sized businesses.
Success management is one of the core features of our team.
Innovation is the use of advanced technology.
Improvement is adherence to the principles of strategic planning and total quality management.
Employees are the main asset of our Company, and we seek to employee loyalty. Respect for employees is expressed in the creation of a favorable psychological and occupational climate for their work.
These are the ingredients for our success!
Our advantage is the knowledge and satisfaction of current and future needs in the manufacture of steel products, which is of paramount value for our company.
Our history rtecords presented below in chronological order of achievements are the commissioning of new process equipment as part of investment projects with the aim of localizing metal products that had not been manufactured in the country, as well as increasing production capacities and expanding the range of finished products.
The main momentous events of our plant:
- birth of the plant. Commencement of construction and assembly works on erecting manufacture buildings, installations and communications
- exploitation of the first tube-welding mill of straight-joint, steel electric welded (by high-frequency welding) pipes with a capacity of 15 thousand tons per year
- exploitation of the second tube-welding mill to manufacture straight-joint steel pipes with a capacity of 20 thousand tons per year, totally bringing the production capacity to 35 thousand tons per year
- exploitation of two tube-welding mills to manufacture electric welded, straight-joint steel pipes with a capacity of 17 thousand tons per year
- exploitation of tube-welding mill to manufacture spiral steel pipes with an outer diameter from 159 to 377 mm, by arc welding under a flux layer, with a capacity of 18 thousand tons per year. Bringing the total capacity range of pipe production to 68 thousand tons per year
- exploitation of tube-welding mill to manufacture section steel pipes and commencement of straight-joint pipes of square and rectangular section with a capacity of 9 thousand tons per year
- exploitation of the second tube-welding mill to manufacture straight-joint steel tubes of square and rectangular section. Bringing the total capacity range of pipe production to 86 thousand tons per year
- beginning of steel production development. Exploitation of electric steelmaking equipment for the production of steel slabs (blooms) and rolling equipment for the conversion of castings into steel hot-rolled metal with a thickness of 2 mm to 3.5 mm, width up to 275 mm. The production rated capacity is up to 100 thousand tons per year
- exploitation of electric tube-welding mill to manufacture spiral steel pipes according to API Spec.5L standard with an outer diameter of 325-426 mm. The first stage capacity is 6 thousand tons per year
- exploitation of steel slab production capacity with subsequent conversion to hot rolled steel, with a thickness of 1.5 mm to 4.0 mm, width of up to 320 mm, capacity of 150 thousand tons.
— exploitation of fresh capacities to produce spiral steel pipes according to API Spec.5L standard with an outer diameter of 530 – 720 mm, the second stage capacity of 7 thousand tons
- exploitation of the line for the production of welding wire of common quality and coppered, with a capacity of 4 thousand tons per year.
— exploitation of the third stage for the production of spiral steel pipes according to API Spec.5L standard, with an outer diameter of 820 – 1020 mm, capacity of 7 thousand tons.
— the first stage capacities of high quality hot-rolled steel production (wire rod Ǿ from 6.5 to 12 mm) were launched
- exploitation of tube-welding mill to manufacture straight-joint steel pipes with an outer diameter of 89 to 219 mm, width of up to 9 mm, capacity of 30 thousand tons.
— exploitation of pipe insulation equipment by applying a three-layer polyolefin coating. The equipment rated capacity is 200 thousand square meters per year
- exploitation of the second stage capacities to produce high-grade hot-rolled steel metal. It was launched the line to provide high-temperature thermomechanical metal treatment. Due to this, on this line, in addition to the rolled rod and wires, it was possible to put into production thermomechanically reinforced steel with a diameter of 12 to 40 mm to reinforce concrete constructions
- exploitation of the equipment for welding electrode production, with a rated capacity of 2000 tons;
- organization of production of galvanized wire with a capacity of 3000 tons;
- exploitation of screw production capacities. The production rated capacity is 1000 tons per year
- installation of the equipment for the production of bolts and screw-nuts, commissioning work;
- development of galvanized screw production
- exploitation of equipment for the production of bolts and screw-nuts, with production rated capacity of 2000 tons per year;
- modernization of steel production, exploitation of modern energy-saving induction furnace, with a capacity of 150 thousand tons per year;
- expansion of production of pipe products due to development of pipe outlet with a diameter 127 mm and 133 mm, thickness of up to 9 mm.
June 2018 year — Expansion of the range of manufactured metalware products due to the manufacture of dowel-screws Ts-M. PNKSH-MTS self-drilling screws, screws with press washer, spring washers (grover), flat washers of size М6, М8, М
- Positive Conclusion was received from the State Environmental Expertise on the DEI (Declared Environmental Impact) project on the construction of storage facilities for auxiliary workshops, on the project of organization of a metalworking workshop, on the draft of environmental standards for the generation and disposal of waste under SEC No. 1.
November 2018 year – Start of production of threaded studs from M6x1000 to M16x1000, according to European standard DIN 975, strength class 5.8.
- A plan of environmental measures for 2019 has been developed and agreed with Tashkent Ecology Department
February 2019 year – Exploitation of cold rolling mill capacities for production of reinforcement items. Expansion of the range of manufactured high-grade rolled metal due to the production of cold-rolled bar (reinforcement) with a diameter of 6 mm to 10mm.
Март 2019 year – Exploitation of cold wire drawing equipment. Putting into production of wire of low-carbon steel for reinforcement of ferro-concrete constructions ВР-1 with a diameter of 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm and 8mm.
April 2019 year – Exploitation of the equipment for metal welded mesh production. It started production of steel mesh from galvanized wire with cell size from 10x10mm to 60x60mm, from 10x20mm to 60x80mm, roll width of 1200mm. Also, it was put into production road wire mesh with a rated cell size from 100x100mm to 300x300mm. The road mesh is implemented in rolls up to 2700 mm wide, up to 50 meters long.
October 2021 – Commissioning of a high-speed pipe welding mill for the manufacture of electric-welded straight-seam steel pipes with an outer diameter of up to 377 mm with a wall thickness of up to 12 mm.
The production capacity of the machine allows to produce pipes at a speed of up to 40 linear meters per minute.
The introduction of this equipment made it possible to expand the range of electric-welded straight-seam steel pipes produced by the enterprise, with diameters of 219, 273, 325 and 377 mm most in demand by the oil and gas industry, as well as profile pipes with cross sections widely used by the construction industry:
– round: 114; 119; 159; 219; 273; 325 and 377 mm;
– square: 100×100; 120×120; 150×150; 180×180; 200×200; 220×220; 250×250; 300×300 mm
– rectangular: 120×100; 150×100; 200×100; 200×150; 250×100; 250×150; 300×100; 300×150; 300×200 and 400×200 mm.
December 2021 – Commissioning of the hot rolling mill of sheet metal thickness from 1.2 mm to 12.7 mm, width up to 1000 mm. The design capacity of this production is up to 500 thousand tons per year.